You will require the following:
- 1 small can tuna per person (or more if you’re hungry)
- 1 egg for every 2 can’s tuna
- Panko bread crumbs for coating
- Oil for frying
- Bagged spring mix salad
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder (granulated or fresh is ok too)
- XVOO (eXtra Virgin Olive oil) for frying and topping
- Balsamic or Cider vinegar
- fresh lemon for juicing
Open and drain tuna for several minutes then mix with egg, salt, pepper and garlic in bowl. Refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, covered. After resting in the old chill chest for a few minutes, form the mix into golf ball sized balls and then gently form into 1/2 inch thick patties. Be careful as they are fragile still. Gently cover them in the panko while you heat about 2-3 TBSP XVOO on medium heat. tenderly fry the patties for about 3 minutes per side or until golden. Drain on some paper towels or a cooling rack.
After all your patties are done, place them on a bed of spring mix and top with some lemon juice, XVOO, and some vinegar.
You can leave the vinegar or Lemon juice off if you like, but remember they are both acidic so use sparingly.