Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Serves 10-12 (depending on how big your buns are)
- 2 1/2 lbs beef steak (cheaper cuts are actually better)
- 2 green pepper, sliced thin
- 3 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large loaf crusty bread, sliced into sandwich lengths (or hoagie buns)
- Provolone cheese slices (or Cheese Sauce)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut meat into strips, place in slow cooker.
- Add green pepper, onion, broth, and dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours.
- Spoon meat mixture onto bread, top with cheese.
- Another option is to toast bread in a 375 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, add meat, cover with cheese, then bake an additional 5 minutes to melt/warm the cheese.
- My favorite way to eat it is with A1 sauce or Ranch dressing. . . you can use any condiments you like.