Atomic Buffalo Peppers also called ABT’s or Atomic Buffalo Tu*ds (Great Eats, bad name)
- 12 – Large Jalapeños
- 12 – pieces thick sliced pepper bacon (don’t skimp it will burn)
- 1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 – hot dog sized chorizo’s (cut skin off)
- Light grill (I like charcoal but gas is fine or even under a broiler)
- Brown chorizo in a small skillet and drain on paper towel
- While the chorizo is browning, take a small paring knife, cut stem and core the peppers.
- mix chorizo and cream cheese and fill the peppers using a spoon.
- Wrap each pepper with bacon and tuck over the open end (secure with a toothpick if needed)
- Grill for 7-10 minutes over indirect heat. move over direct heat and crisp up the bacon, moving and turning often. DON’T burn the bacon or furry dweebles will haunt you for the rest of your short life!
- Cool and enjoy with a Mango Margarita or a nice craft beer.